Home Theater System
Is it really so cool to enjoy a home theater system but not to save the budget just watching TV? The system’s components provide the same sound and picture as in the public cinemas. An extra bonus is the lack of spectators, noises, and food smells. You can arrange the Family Movie Night or watch sports having the experience of getting the best seats in the stadium. You can add a gaming console and become a part of the virtual reality. The technical advantages are a high-quality picture and completely immersive sound effects.
The Main Components of the Home Theater System
Home Theater System gifts you more enjoyment if all the settings are correct and the units are located in the best way to create the optimum sound environment.
- The signal’s origin – contemporary models of DVD players, HD-player or high-productive PC.
- AV-receiver for amplifying the signal, multichannel digital signal decoding.
- Acoustic system (front, ceiling, other speakers, and subwoofers).
- TV, a projector, or a monitor.
- The set of wires and cables.
To compile and to set up the whole system is not easy. First, it is necessary to take into account the space and your own requirements.
AVR as the Heart and Brain of the Theater
How to choose the appropriate receiver? If you are not fond of upgrading, 5-channel AVs will meet all your needs without hurting your wallet. However, the modern formats allow recording 7-channel soundtracks to make the sound crisp and clear. This requires some ceiling speakers that need additional channels. That’s why it is better to install 7-channel units. If you are ready to splurge on the 9 or 11-channel device, you can add front and side speakers to get the new-level experience of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Follow this page to see some worthwhile units.
- It is better to buy units with low THD (level of distortion) – less than 1%.
- The AVs should be compatible with mobile devices and PCs via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Air-Play, etc.
- They would be supplied with a plethora of inputs and outputs, have remote control apps.
- Choose the most powerful receivers if your room is large or has non-standard planning. The average power is 1.5 per 4 ft2 for AVs with a sensitivity of 85-90Db.
Pay attention to the devices with the auto-calibration – Audyssey, YPAO, DCAC, and others. Modern receivers are able to increase resolution and up to Full HD and 4K.
Acoustic Systems – All that You Need
Front speakers are in the vanguard of your system. They are responsible for the complete sound environment and should be powerful enough to do their job. The floor speakers are perfect for large spaces. If your room is small, you could connect the ceiling, wall or built-in systems. Central box loudspeakers are responsible for the natural sound. It is important to choose units that are compatible with each other in order to reach the full coherence of the components.
Wires and Cables – Keep an Eye on Quality
Choose the 4-5 mm cable made of oxygen-free copper to connect front speakers and 1.5-2.5 mm cable in rolls for rear ones. Silvered cables make high frequencies more sonorous. You should have separate cables for subwoofers and the sound’s origins.
Author: Danny Goulart
More on this topic: The Entertainment Industry and Blockchain Create New Possibilities