When it comes to increasing your SEO game, bringing your name to the top of the search listings is the key to success. If you want to add in bonus points with Google’s algorithm, then Google Maps Marketing is where you should be looking… even if you happen to be a beginner.
Let’s get down to business with some Google Maps Marketing basics.
Understanding Google Maps Marketing Basics
Google has spent more than a decade refining their map to make it one of the most relied upon map systems in the western world. They have more than a billion monthly users interacting with their world-renowned mapping system. It’s so precise that it can record the presence of mobile video camera units.
We highly recommend you choose maps SEO services in New Orleans to professionally elevate your maps rankings. If not, however, read on, and we will find out what you need to do to get noticed.
How To Use Google Maps Marketing To Better Your Business
Many searches conducted by Google by users looking for a specific product or service rank their listings based on proximity. The nearer you are to a business, the more likely you are to see an ad for it. Now, not every advert in Google is linked to a website. Some searches don’t return anything but the street address. This is because they haven’t joined Google My Business yet, which lets you lay claim to those ads as your own.
Until you fill in a Google My Business account, those ads for your business will continue to direct people to visit you in person, without connecting to your online domain. If you don’t want to lose that traffic, the first thing you need to do is open a Google My Business account. After you have logged into the site and are ready to set up, be sure to complete the following steps to ensure your business is fully visible to Google Maps.
Steps to Google Maps Success:
- Fill in your address in exactly the same way as it is displayed in the Google Maps ad it currently occupies.
- Find and select the check-box regarding whether or not you would like your business address displayed.
- List every single area that you service so that you come up in all local searches.
- Get Verifies, which will involve Google sending a postcard with a one-time pin on it, to your address. When it arrives, respond to the verification email with the pin, and you are verified by Google.
- You should now be ranking much higher in searches than you were before. Remember to back all of this up by putting a contact page on your own website, reinforcing the locations you service by listing them in SEO friendly format. This might mean creating a landing page for each town or city, or even simply listing your corporate address in a ‘write to us’ banner displayed with legal and general information at the bottom of your pages.
One Last Thing
When it comes to the internet, you can’t just put effort into a keyword or location-specific business listing and leave it there – you need to keep them all up-to-date, too. Be sure to refresh every few months and every time Google has a major algorithm overhaul, which is every couple of years.