Technological innovation in recent times is a phenomenon that can’t but be noticed. It is just as if every single day births new technological innovations. This makes the performance of our daily routine more flexible, convenient and as well far more interesting.
To quickly chip these in;
- If you are a fan of technology, this write-up is for you.
- You have been looking for ways to make your routine online more interesting, this write-up is for you.
- If you happen to like diverse and more exciting approach to getting a task done with your smartphones and gadgets, you need to read this write-up.
- If you are the type that feels your smart phone’s screen is too small. And you desire a bigger view, this article is definitely for you.
You might be wondering which one among the innovative tech products got our attention today. It’s none other than the Sony Xperia Touch Projector, which I like to call Pandora’s box. Yes, Pandora’s box I said. You would understand better as you tag along patiently in the unfolding of this unique concept brought to us all by Sony.
Have you seen in movies or news where a projected view is being manipulated and work on through touching and sliding with fingers? That same function is made available through this Xperia projector. Everything showing right on your smartphone or tablet is also visible on the smooth surface you may decide to use the projection with.
The components that make-up the Xperia include inbuilt speakers, projector, virtual android platform, 13mp camera, a microphone to aid voice command through Google Assistant as well as the battery among others. And with the help of inbuilt infrared light coupled with the 13mp camera, the device can transmit the screen content of any mobile gadget onto a flat surface of your choosing where you can further operate the device.
Sony Xperia Touch Projector happens to have the function of a conventional projector that we all know. But with far more sophisticated features that would make you crave having one at your disposal. It is a portable projector powered by the Android platform. Above all, the projected view is interactive, meaning you can operate with your fingers on the projected view from your touchscreen devices on any flat surface such as on tables, walls, and ground among other flat-surfaces you may desire to use with it.
Lets briefly run through the specifications of this interactive projector before moving to details of its Pros and Cons.
- It enables you to interact with the projected view of your touchscreen smartphones or tablets.
- The device gives you a bigger and interactive touchable screen; hence, you don’t need to curdles-up with friends when watching movies at the same time on your mobile devices.
- It is small and portable, therefore, can be conveniently moved around with you.
- Comes with a simple and cool design.
- It is a more exciting way of utilizing your smartphones.
- Google voice assistant commands wand as well.
- It recognizes hand gestures. With the movement of one’s hand across the Lens when in sleep mode makes it resume projection.
- It can only be used on smooth surfaces.
- The battery life of just one hour is quite low.
- Its resolution of 1366 x 768 and maximum of 100 lumens is considerably small for its price tag. And it affects the Clarity of the projected screen, this which is not that encouraging.
- Its price is quite on the high side for what it offers.
- The tone or vibrating feedback that indicates the impact of one’s fingers on the screen when using a smartphone is not operational with the Xperia.
- When projected on a flat surface with patterns, you might not be able to see the content projection well enough.
If a couple of areas such as the dull projection and low battery life can be enhanced, the present scope of its acceptance by users may be increased. You might be wondering what other devices offer such functionality similar to the Xperia Touch. Yes, there exist others among which are Insta-Share Motorola Mod Projector and Lenovo 2 Pro Yoga Tablet.