Every website or business would require an online presence to gain more visitors and potential customers. And one way to accomplish these goals is by working on the best SEO strategies aligned with your website niche or nature of your business.
In this post, you’ll learn some of the best SEO expert tips that will help you kickstart your next SEO campaign.
What Is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) refers to all online efforts associated with proper keyword placements and link building strategies to help increase website visibility in search engine results, and the quantity and quality of website traffic. It doesn’t include direct visitors or traffic brought about by paid ads. Thus SEO is more about generating unpaid or organic traffic.
SEO Expert Tips You Need to Know
1. Use The Right SEO Tools
When it comes to the best tool for SEO, you have a lot of options and that can be quite overwhelming. With SEO tools available, you’ll have the ability to pull out the necessary data you need automatically for in-depth analysis that will help you in creating the best SEO campaign.
One thing you have to know when choosing an SEO tool is API. Application Programming Interfaces, or API, is an automatic way to access the data of an SEO tool, pulling data from a database such as Google Sheets and Google BigQuery.
Here are the most common SEO tools used today:
- Google Search Console: The “Query” is commonly used, which displays a website’s impressions, number of clicks, and ranking for a given search keyword combination and URL.
- SEMrush: It is used in keyword rankings, allowing you to query historic data for previous months.
- Moz: This tool has URL metrics, which is the most-used endpoint, including page authority and domain authority.
- Ahrefs: It’s also used to check backlink data. Ahrefs frequently-update a rich index of backlinks, and it just released an open API that could only be accessed previously using an apps marketplace.
- Majestic SEO: This tool is used to extract backlink data, providing a list of backlinks for an individual page or domain.
2. Proper Keyword Research
Keywords are very important if you want to have a successful SEO because they help Google and other search engines to determine what your website is all about. It’s a fantastic way to drive website traffic. Also, keywords help ensure that your web content comes out in search results to be easily accessed by your target audience at the right time.
Here are some helpful keyword research tips and tricks:
- Use Synergistic Combined Tools: You can use Google Analytics and Google Search Console to obtain in-depth keyword data. The “Performance Report” feature of Google Search Console allows you to see a list of the pages on your website that have the most clicks from searchers of Google.
- Make Smart Keyword Decisions: Ahrefs Keywords Explorer provides in-depth keyword information, including search volume, a number of searchers click on a result, and a list of websites included on the first page of search results (competition breakdown).
3. Targeting Keywords
Focus on long-tail keywords, which is an amazing SEO tactic. These long-tail keywords are longer and more specific than commonly searched keywords. While long-tail keywords tend to have less search traffic, they usually are more specific with a higher conversion value.
Here are other tips when targeting keywords:
- Make sure that your keywords are highly relevant to your blog or article.
- Avoid using overly competitive keywords.
- Remember that more specific keywords have better chances of converting.
- Limit targeting just using a single main keyword on each article.
- The keywords you use should have enough search volume.
4. Proper Keyword Placement
Proper keyword placement involves placing keywords strategically throughout a web content in order for search engines to properly index your website associated with relevant keywords. It’s a way to entice online users to visit your web page and online visitors to stay and explore your website.
When you’re placing keywords, put them in the best places to be effective. You don’t have to use a lot of keywords. Don’t spam your content with repeated target keyword versions. Instead, you should place keywords in the following areas:
- Page title
- Article title
- The first paragraph of the article
5. Implement Good Link-building Strategies
A link or hyperlink connects a referring page to a target page. On the other hand, a backlink or inbound link is essential in determining your website’s popularity in Google and other search engines. A backlink is an important ranking factor that points to your great content. With links, it’s how Google finds your website.
Before April 2012, a website owner could easily buy a ranking position in search engines by adding more links. Attaining a good spot on the first page of search engine results was easy with more links. But Google sensed this tactic and launched Google Penguin Spam Filter, which is now an important part of Google’s Core Algorithm that works in real-time.
Check out these link-building tips:
- Build Good Relationships: A good linking strategy is building new contacts by starting with niche-related communities such as blogs, social groups, or forums. Contribute relevant and interesting posts and comments and provide contextual value to every discussion to gain good backlinks and connect to interesting people who share your passions.
- Start A Blog: Writing posts or articles regularly will help you gain quality backlinks and gain higher authority. Make sure to write useful, well-structured, and relevant content.
- Give A Testimonial: Companies may encourage you to give testimonials, and in exchange, you’ll get new backlinks for your website. Having a testimonial link is a great opportunity for your website to get a backlink and potential traffic with a higher approval rate as compared to sending standard link request e-mails.
- Ask For Backlinks: Ask your relatives, friends, colleagues, clients, or partners with a blog site for a backlink, specifically in-content links (found in the body of the article instead of the footer or sidebar links). Make sure that the backlinks come from websites that are relevant to your niche.
- List Your Website In Trustworthy Directories: Niche directories and those that come with informative websites make it easier for your website to get indexed in Google and other major search engines, helping people find your website online.
When it comes to SEO, it’s crucial to make it right by using the right keywords, placing them in the right places on your website, and using effective link-building strategies. Of course, SEO won’t be successful without creating relevant and interesting content. Apply the tips mentioned above so you can kickstart your SEO campaign.