What is “Exchange Is Currently in Recovery Mode” error in Outlook and its solution?
Microsoft Outlook comes with the option “Cache Exchange Mode” which you can enable and disable according to your need. With enabled Cache Exchange Mode Outlook creates an OST file allowing you to work in offline mode. You can work with OST file without the connectivity of Exchange server and internet (for view and read previous data) as Outlook keeps the copy of the data stored in the server. It also helps in smooth synchronization of OST file once you get online with the server. But the issue with Exchange server may lead to an issue with the OST file and sometimes when we try to access the OST file it shows an error message “Exchange is currently in recovery mode”.
There are some reasons you are getting this kind of error.
The reasons why we get such error are:
- Change in the default setting of the Exchange
- The issue in the connectivity of the exchange server does not allow the OST file to get synchronize with the server.
- The issue with the DNS server setting. It is related to the domain name and the IP address of the server. Change in DNS might not allow the device to connect with the server.
- The problem in network connection does not allow
- The cached OST file in Outlook is different from the original data stored in the server
- When you migrate OST file from one version of the server to another.
- The cached OST file in Outlook is stored in a different location other than the default location.
- When you reset the exchange server.
The above-given reasons may lead to the error which needs to be solved. Here, are some solutions to rectify the error.
Easy solutions to solve the error:
- Disable Cached Mode and remove the old OST data. Restart the Outlook and again enable the cached exchange mode.
- Create a new outlook profile if you have changed the exchange server
- Create a new OST file when there is a change in the server or when you reset the exchange server.
- Restore or retrieve the OST file manually
If the given solutions do not work then try using the third-party or the software.
As the manual method is a bit confusing many organizations prefer using software to fix errors of the Outlook. The software solves the issue by converting an OST file into PST which can be accessed anywhere. It is also called a MailsSoftware OST to PST Converter or you can call as OST recovery tool helps in the recovery of corrupted OST file. It is actually a very time-saving method. It even migrates the OST data into EML, MBOX, and MSG.
Conclusion: In this blog, I discussed the error “Exchange Is Currently in Recovery Mode” in Outlook and its manual solution and using the software.
More on this topic: How to import PST mailbox items to office 365 without outlook