Tis the season for photo collages. Sharing photos as collages rather than individual photos may appeal to you. A benefit of collages is that the same amount of bytes for one photo can be shared by multiple images giving you more bang for the buck when sharing via email or posting to your site or social media. There are quite a few apps for creating collages from your photos for iOS and Android. Many of them are free. We’re going to take a look at a couple that caught our eye.
The main focus of this app is collage creation. Pic Stitch allows you to quickly combine multiple photos and videos into one beautifully framed picture. A simple design with a powerful editor gives you all the tools you need to present your photos in amazing ways.
You can easily share your collages on social media networks or you can order prints from Shutterfly or your local Walgreens for in-store pickup.
Pic Stitch allows you to create a before-and-after sequence. You can combine great photos of each of your kids, or produce a relayed series of photographs. In-app purchases will get you more layouts and remove ads.
Pic Stitch Features
- Over 300 different layouts
- Works with photos and videos
- 15 different photo aspect ratios (1×1, 4×6, 3×4, 5×7, 9×16, etc)
- Add music to your collages
- Order prints to be picked up at Walgreens in about an hour with QuickPrints.
- Export to Instagram, Dropbox, Evernote or any other installed application that will accept JPEG images.
- Customize photo borders (Borders Add-On Pack only)
- Easy to use UI
- Amazing photo fx filters
- Pan, rotate, flip, mirror and zoom
- Share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Path and More
- Save to photo album
- Share via email
- High-resolution export
- Available for iOS and Android
Photo Grid is available for both iOS and Android. It’s FREE and it is packed with a lot of features. There are in-app purchases if you wish to expand the app’s features further but there is already a lot in the free version. You can create collages and a lot more like video grids and perform easy photo editing. A great companion app for Instagram. Photo Grid is packed with features like Scrapbook, AR face filter, Meme ＆ GIF generator, Slideshow and so much more. Lots of material like stickers, filters, backgrounds & posters!
Photo Grid Features include:
- Edit, grid or frame your photos in seconds
- Combine videos and photos with rich layouts
- Powerful editing tools to make stunning creations!
- Create your own freestyle album that looks just like a real scrapbook
- Stylish templates for posters
- Filmstrip: Create horizontal/vertical filmstrips
- AR face filters for selfies or video recording
- Create the funniest memes & GIFs, and share them with your friends
- Transform photos into musical video Slideshows
- Make cute wallpapers or lock screens
- Various new stickers, backgrounds, filters, posters updated every week
- 300+ grid layouts, support grid 15 photos simultaneously
- Adjustable image size and location, grid up to 15 photos
- 100+ filters, Greece blue, Paris pink, beautify, black & white etc.
- 200+ poster templates, such as festive, PIP, magazines and more
- 200+ AR face filters, including animals, flowers and more
- 500+ stickers, emojis, B-Day, beautify, cuties, you name it!
- 400+ backgrounds, deep space, fruits, rainbow and more
Edit text, draw, ratio, crop, rotate, beauty, borders, blur, focus, watermark and many more PhotoGrid makes photo editing much easier, and turn users into photo-editing masters in a snap! This is an all-in-one photo editor and collage maker! From now on, you just need one app! We meet all your photo editing and video editing needs!
There’s a Premium plan that removes ads and creates VideoGrids up to one minute long that you can share with friends without any watermarks and a lot more.
This is a fun app that does a lot.
There is a lot of value here for a FREE app.
Both of these apps will provide hours of fun and an opportunity to get creative with your photos and videos. And there is no better time to do that than the holidays.