An Apple TV Promo code for apps, as opposed to other kinds of devices, are not directly redeemable from the Apple TV itself. For promo code redemption, Mac and iOS are still directly redeemable on the device. You can receive such codes from the apps but in order to redeem them you have to go through a series of steps.
This is the case even though Apple TV is the first device of its kind which can run apps that are native to it. If you have received such a code, today you will learn how to redeem it.
There are two ways you can redeem a promotional code for your Apple TV. Either you can use the iTunes on your Mac device or your iOS on your iPhone.
How to redeem codes from iOS
- Open the Application Store.
- Click on the Featured tab.
- Scroll down to the screen’s bottom and then select the Redeem button.
- Now log in with the Apple ID which will be the same Apple ID used on your Apple TV.
- Now you can redeem the promotional code through the camera or through entering the code manually.
- Now open the Application Store on your Apple TV. Select Purchases and now you will be able to see that you have successfully redeemed the promo code for your purchased application. (You might have to close the App Store or exit the Purchases option once before the new application will appear there.)
How to redeem an Apple TV promotional code from your Mac
- Open iTunes on your laptop.
- Now Open the iTunes Store’s Redeem option which will be located on the right hand side bar.
- Now enter the code and click on Redeem.
- Open the Applications Store on your Apple TV. Now click on Purchases. You will be able to see that you have redeemed the codes for your app under Purchased apps. Again, you might have to close the Apple TV Application Store and open it again before the application shows up in Purchased.
These steps apply to all kinds of apps, even those that are Apple TV only Apps.