TaiG has released version 1.2.0 of their Windows tool to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2. Contrary to popular belief, iOS 8.1.2 can still be jailbroken. Follow our step-by-step guide after the image on how to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2.
Apple released iOS 8.1.2 yesterday. It comes with a bunch of unspecified bug fixes, as well as a patch for the ring-tone bug which in previous versions of iOS sometimes removed purchased ring-tones.
We expected iOS 8.1.2 to patch the exploit that is being used by TaiG jailbreak to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1, but as it happens, Apple actually did not patch the exploit. The developers behind TaiG have released a quick update to their tool, and so it can now jailbreak all versions of iOS from iOS 8.0 to iOS 8.1.2.
TaiG 1.2.0 supports the following iOS devices:
- iPhone: 4S, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus
- iPod touch: fifth generation
- iPad: 2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2, mini, mini 2, and mini 3.
Follow the steps to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 on your supported device.
Note: We have used screenshots from jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 post, since the steps are exactly the same. TaiG for Windows also looks exactly the same!
- Download TaiG jailbreak – the latest version is 1.2.0.
- Pick up your iOS device
- Go to Settings > General > About and see what Version number of iOS you’re on. If it it iOS 8.0 or later, you are good!
- Go to Settings > Passcode and turn off your Passcode. Do not worry, this is just a temporary precaution. You can turn your Passcode back on after you have jailbroken.
- Similarly, go to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone (or Find my iPad if you are on an iPad), and turn that off.
- Using a suitable program (we recommend 7-zip or WinRAR), extract the contents of the TaiG ZIP file you downloaded.
- Launch the EXE contained within the extracted contents from Step 6
- Connect your iOS device to your PC via USB cable
- Follow on-screen instructions to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 on your device, and install Cydia! Be patient, and do not touch your device while TaiG is busy setting it free.
That’s it! You should now have Cydia installed on your jailbroken iOS 8.1.2 device. Go ahead and install compatible tweaks. We will share interesting updates regarding iOS 8.1.2 jailbreak, if there are any.