If you do an online search, several scenarios can be observed, including transfer MBOX to PST is a common search. Why? – Because for any small and large company, communication has become a part in which everyone uses data through some medium. In such a situation, email clients play a vital role which is equipped with features and keep data secure. Each email client uses an email format to save messages, with most email clients using MBOX format.
Overview of MBOX file format
The .mbox files are used in both desktop and online email clients such as Gmail, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Postbox, WebMail, etc. MBOX file encapsulates the message in a plain text, consisting of one mail after another and each mail begins with header information. There are two family formats related to this – MBX and MBS that hold the same structure.
Why is there a need to import MBOX data into Outlook?
Some important points are mentioned below that explain the need to move MBOX to Outlook.
MS Outlook is a well-known email client in which all mailbox data is saved in a single format PST. Whereas MBOX only saves mail and attachments, there is no place for contacts, calendars, notes, etc.
To prevent external activities, Outlook allows configuration with Exchange Server that is not found in other email clients.
MS Outlook is available in 90+ different languages.
Users can use the Outlook application in Windows and Android phones that is the best part of it.
If you want to open the MBOX file to Outlook then you have to convert MBOX file in PST file format.
How to manually transfer MBOX to PST?
To perform a manual conversion from MBX to Outlook PST, we have to follow the below steps.
- Install Eudora email client
- Copy MBOX data file and paste into Eudora mailbox location.
- Now change the extension of mailbox like abc.mbox to abc.mbx (.mbox and .mbx both are family format)
- Open MS Outlook in the same machine >> Go to file tab
- Choose Import Export tool option in the menu
- Select “import internet mail and address” and click on the Next button.
- Choose Eudora (2x, 3x, 4x pro and light) and click next
- Browse the Eudora mailbox location and enable “Do not import duplicate item”
- Select the destination of the file and hit the finish button to execute the operation.
With a few MB data, this process becomes much better, but if you do this process with a large mailbox, then the mail structure and images can be damaged.
Note: This method does not work on Outlook 2013 & the latest versions.
What should you adopt for importing MBOX file into PST format?
If you choose a manual process then you may face some problems while you can do it easily by a third-party solution. MailsDaddy MBOX to PST Converter is the name of one such solution that can migrate single and multiple MBOX files at once. The interface of the software is easy for even a novice who can easily migrate MBOX to PST with its help. MBOX converter also helpful to preserves the inner-outer folder, inline images, read/unread status, attachments and other mailing properties.
- Download install and run the application.
- Click on Add file button and browse the MBOX file
- The utility has a preview option that is the optional choice of the user for checking converted mail. If you do not want to display the preview then direct click on the export button for bulk MBOX to PST conversion.
- Now select all mailboxes and choose PST file format. After that, the user must select a conversion method single PST or separate PST.
- Set the destination of the converted file and click on the export button.
Once all messages converted into PST file format you can easily import into MS Outlook 2019/2016/2013/2010 & others without any hassle.
Added features you can use
Email Filter Window: To export some important emails, the user can click on the search mail button and use the given criteria to migrate a particular email.
8+ Export Format: Including PST file conversion, user can convert MBOX to MSG, EML, Office 365, Live Exchange, HTML, MHTML & RTF format.
Save Selected Email: Besides of search mail window, you can select the mail from a mailbox and migrate them to PST and other formats.
Date Range Filter: With this option, the user can migrate the data between two different dates.
Support and Compatibility: The tool supports 25+ email client’s mailboxes such as Gmail, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc. and it is compatible with all Windows and Outlook editions of 32 & 64 bits.
The above methods are completely secure to import MBOX file in Outlook PST format. However, there are some restrictions with the manual method but the direct method (third party tool) is completely safe for a single or large mailbox.
Author Bio – My name is Somit Vishwakarma and I am interested in Web Development, Software, and Hacking. In free time, I like to play video games.