Getting yourself a Mac may be a real treat. This good-looking and flawlessly working gadget occupies one of the top spots in the wish lists of millions for a reason. So, you probably love your Mac for the speed of operation and perfect productivity. But at times, the operating speed and efficiency of your beloved laptop can reduce without any evident causes. What can you do in such a situation? Is it time to go shopping for a new gadget?
No worries! If your Mac is not infected by viruses or worms causing permanent damage to its crucial functioning elements, you’re sure to find a remedy. In 99% of cases, it is the waste and redundancy that slows your gadget down, and your task is to perform a comprehensive cleanup to boost Mac’s productivity to earlier highs. Here our specialists have reviewed the fundamentals of effective cleaning, and you’re welcome to use these tips to get your super-performing monster gadget back.
Why Do You Need One?
In most situations, Macs get too slow as waste and redundant data pile on its storage disk. If you see a message like “your disk is nearly full,” it’s time to optimize the storage and free up the virtual space your gadget needs for flawless operations. Doing this manually is impossible, as gigabytes of junk files might be hiding in tons of folders in your system. Reviewing each of them by hand means that you could spend months trying to figure out which files you need and which ones you don’t.
Image Source: Pixabay.com
So, getting an automated solution is a great idea saving you time and effort while at the same time delivering excellent productivity gains. Typically, a Mac cleaner should:
- Scan your gadget’s system for adware and viruses
- Alert you about any identified online threats
- Check how well your personal data is protected from spyware and hackers
- Free up the wasted storage space
- Optimize the startup time of your Mac by removing all the slowing hogging processes and files
- Update apps promptly so that their outdated versions don’t bring your device’s performance down.
Thus, a Mac cleaner is a great all-in-one solution helping your gadget run efficiently and performing regular productivity checkups. But how to choose one if there are dozens of offers online?
Cleaner Selection Criteria
Now that we’re realized the vitality of cleaning your Mac from time to time, it’s time to look at the various parameters to consider. The Internet is abundant with offers for every budget and feature preference, from entirely free cleaners to premium options, so your task is to weed out the features you don’t need, focusing on the desired functionality.
Experienced users typically consider:
- Features and functions. While some simple Mac cleaner versions typically undertake only file cleaning, more advanced products take care of end-to-end system support, monitor your gadget’s health and safety, and issue early alerts about threats.
- Cost-benefit balance. Getting an all-in-one magic cleaner is undoubtedly a dream for every busy user with no time for thorough Mac cleaning once a week. But such an app can be costly. So, before choosing the Mac cleaner product, be sure to weigh the pros and cons of using cheaper (or free) and more expensive versions. Be honest to yourself; do you really need all those features, or is it a race for having the “best cleaner ever”?
- Product’s reputation. Don’t haste to buy a Mac cleaner until you study product reviews and user testimonials. It’s better to look for truthful information online, not on the provider’s website. Besides, the officially available data about the cleaner’s testing and technical evaluation should be considered; you should be 100% sure that you are buying a tried and tested solution.
- Personal experience. It would be best to take the cleaner for a test drive to form an initial impression and make a purchase decision. Most providers give from 7 to 14 days of a free trial, which is the perfect chance to test all features.
How to See that It’s Working?
Now that you have the best Mac cleaner (we all hope so), how to see that it’s working the way it should? Here are the critical quality criteria of such an app:
Software and Application Management
A well-operating Mac cleaner should uninstall redundant apps, locate duplicates of files and programs, and efficiently remove junk and broken files.
Cleaners should understand the consequences of deleting specific system files and make smart choices before removing any bits of data about whether this removal will hurt the system.
Advanced Mac cleaners monitor the Mac system’s safety and scan it for potential threats and problems. Anti-virus scans are typically included.