Email marketing remains as relevant and useful as it used to be a few decades ago. Despite some naysayers predicting its death due to the advent of new marketing techniques like social media marketing, it is going strong. E-mail marketing is still the most popular medium of communication for marketers due to its affordability and the ability to connect with consumers at a personal level. E-mails are the last word in creating long-lasting and meaningful relationships with customers. Nowadays, with the widespread popularity of mobile devices with easy internet access, there has been a resurgence in email marketing. Since everyone accesses their e-mail accounts on mobile phones, the scope of using e-mails for marketing has widened enormously.
Create Attractive E-mail Messages
Emails can now contain images and colorful text to create splendid designs. It can easily stand out from the crowd and generate interest to open it with due preference over other e-mails. To increase the attraction of the content, you can even include CSS animations that make e-mails look more inviting and enjoyable to read. To ensure that the newsletters you send to your subscribers receive due attention over other e-mails, you can use newsletter templates.
Although plain text e-mails are still necessary, e-mail templates are essential for marketing and branding purposes to elicit a quick response from subscribers. The use of templates for crafting e-mails serve special purposes in branding as it can encourage subscribers to interact more closely with the brand.
Visual Appeal Matters Most
Visuals have much higher and instant appeal to the human senses, which is why e-mail templates have become so popular. The brain can process images much faster than reading plain text. Creating e-mails by using suitable templates allows you to leverage the power of visuals in influencing consumers and eliciting a positive response. Therefore, it is quite natural that marketers give a lot of thought to e-mail design when they plan any e-mail campaign. Whether you want to make some business announcements, inform customers about upcoming events or prepare them for the forthcoming product launch – you must send a classy email to them packed with visual elements. Just as pictures can speak a thousand words, designer e-mails created with templates ensure better communication.
Provide A Seamless Experience To Consumers
The power of brands depends on how much seamless experience it can provide to consumers when they view it across different platforms like websites, landing pages, and e-mails. The use of advanced technology has enabled the use of HTML in e-mails. You can now transform plain text e-mails into designer e-mails that can either carry the content appearing on the website or provide a link to connect with it. Even if some subscribers use e-mails that do not support HTML versions, there is no fear of e-mails reaching the spam folders because by following the best practices, it is possible to make e-mails escape spam filters.
Readymade Template Or Customized Template
Templates have become so common that e-mail service provider (ESP) maintains a library of templates for use in marketing campaigns. It does help starters to launch the campaign promptly. But going ahead when marketers have to choose between creating a brand identity and building relationships the readymade e-mail templates do not suffice. To develop customized e-mails that uphold the brand and carry some distinct marks of the business, you must use customized templates.
WordPress plugins provide excellent opportunities to pick up the template that serves the business interest most by creating well-designed and attractive e-mails that quickly relate to the brand. Since e-mail campaigns must be interactive, you must customize it with suitable templates to make it unique and exclusive. By creating a brand identity, your customized e-mails will stand out from the crowd and have a higher opening rate.
Plan Your E-mail Template
The goals of business provide the foundation for creating customized e-mail templates that you can mold according to the business needs. Templates are like outfits that can match any occasion, and you can tailor it to suit that occasion with a specific purpose. To welcome customers, you need to create a short and crisp e-mail that is visually attractive. However, the lead nurturing the emails must be descriptive and have individual buttons for call to action (CTA). Again, transactional e-mails should carry the receipt of purchase plus some cross-selling.
Types Of E-mail
It means that you must first ascertain the goals to achieve and then work backward to understand what kind of e-mail you must create. It needs a proper understanding of the different stages in a buyer’s journey, which can vary between 5 and 6 with e-commerce firms calling for an additional stage.
- Welcome e-mail – This type of e-mail cuts across business lines because it is a way to thank subscribers for subscribing to your e-mails. It consists of a brand introduction and a CTA that prompt subscribers to complete their profile or set their preferences and even update it.
- Announcement/sales promotion e-mail – The email belongs to the stage when a subscriber converts into a customer. The marketing tone must be distinct in the email and should generate confidence in subscribers that the purchase would resolve the issues they are facing because they have reasons to think so.
- Order receipt e-mail – This e-mail is an order confirmation and triggered as soon as a subscriber places an order. You can use this e-mail to promote other relevant products but maintain 80:20 ratios between transactional and promotional types.
- Newsletter e-mail – This e-mail has the purpose of keeping subscribers informed about the business developments and even educates them. The periodic e-mail should encourage subscribers to purchase your brand.
- Re-engagement e-mail – This e-mail targets dormant subscribers to bring them back within the purchase cycle by bringing them out from their inactivity.
- Cart abandonment e-mail – To bring back subscribers who abandon purchase for some reason, this e-mail should give reasons to drive them back into the purchasing cycle.
Having done with what you need, it is time to focus on designing the template so that it defines the brand personality by creating your visual identity.
More on this topic: Email Marketing Tips: How To Increase Your Email Deliverability