Digitization has brought about a storm in major industries. Industries are reshaping themselves to fit into the new demand.
Not to forget, the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic has sent most of the sectors to a toss. In such a still world, technology has the potential to bring about mobility in terms of work.
The education industry is gradually shifting to the online mode. Seeing the present scenarios, all learners are able to continue their studies only because of technology.
It is high time to understand the importance of technology and incorporate it into the sector. The integration of cutting-edge technologies makes learning more immersive and engaging.
You can hire dedicated developers to get help with developing the app. Let us see the spike in usage and market value of the e-learning apps.
A Glimpse At The Statistics Of eLearning Applications
- As per Statista, the eLearning industry is projected to grow by US$243 billion in the next two years.
- As per a survey conducted by a renowned Washington-based company Gallup, 71% of the people have said that the concepts are clearer with eLearning apps than the conventional way of learning in the classroom.
- Around 64% of people use their mobile devices to search for training and study material.
- The global eLearning market was valued at $190 billion in 2018 and it is expected to reach $350 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 8%.
The Benefits Of eLearning Apps
eLearning apps provide ample benefits to learners, developers as well as educators. A mobile application development company has been helping to develop online learning applications. Some of the benefits of these apps are listed below:
- Personalized experience
- Immersive learning
- Cost-effective learning
- Regular analyzation
- Easy accessibility
- Interactive learning
Types Of eLearning Applications
- eLearning applications cater to different groups such as learners, parents, and admins. These applications cater to different purposes as well as academic content, competitive content, examination apps, vocab apps, and so on.
- F.You can hire dedicated developers to build dynamic apps. Here we have listed some major types of e-learning applications:
- Examination Apps: These apps have platforms to give tests for different examinations. They also have a doubt class to correct mistakes. The examinee can give tests and analyze their performance online. If you want to get such an app, you can contact a mobile application development company.
- Course-Based Apps: In these apps, students can enroll in different educational courses that will help them to develop an extra skill.
- Academic Apps: It comprises all coursebook knowledge of different classes. Students can enroll in their respective classes and learn core content.
- Vocab Apps: With the increasing demand for having good command over languages, these apps encourage learners to self-learn them.
The Features Of eLearning Apps
Let us have a look at some of the must-have features of eLearning. Features might vary according to the category of users.
- Easy Registration: Make sure that the application allows easy access via Google accounts or phone numbers. Students can create their profile and save their educational details as well for better results. The mobile app development company has a great perspective on the required features.
- Search: The search features should be highly responsive. From the vast options loaded on the app, students should be able to quickly get what they want. Courses and teachers should be specified as per stream.
- Push Notifications: Push notifications are a must to remind learners about upcoming classes and tests. Students can also get to know about new courses through push notifications. Encouraging notifications can draw students back to their studies. In the teacher’s panel, teachers should get notifications about queries.
- Ratings And Reviews: Ratings and reviews help newcomers to know about the courses and teaching. It also helps app owners and teachers to rectify if any error pops up.
- Dashboard: Dashboard is a must to track the progress of students. It keeps track of the learning of students throughout the day. From the teacher’s perspective, a dashboard should be present to share materials and manage classes. A mobile app development company has been helping businesses to develop eLearning apps.
- Admin Panel: The Admin panel is necessary if the app is being built for schools, colleges, or institutions. Here, the following features are a must:
- Managing Students: It keeps track of the number of students attending the course. This feature will help to know the performance of students.
- Managing Teachers: It keeps track of work done by teachers. It checks feedback turned in by teachers and takes action accordingly.
- Payment Gateway: This feature keeps track of payments made by students to teachers.
- Push Notifications: The organizations keep organizing events and functions. It will help to update students as well as teachers about forthcoming examinations and events. Are you thinking of getting an e-learning app? You can contact an eLearning app development company.
Listed above were the basic must-have features of e-learning apps. Now let us take a look at the advanced features:
- Incorporation Of Advanced Technologies: Next-gen technologies like Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and Cloud computing make eLearning solutions highly engaging and immersive. VR and AR make learning interactive by giving a real-time virtual experience. Cloud solutions help to manage large chunks of paperwork. AI gives a personalized solution to students and strengthens their performance.
- Leaderboard Functionality: This feature will develop healthy competition among students. It will encourage students to give their best to be on top of the leaderboard.
The Development Cost Of Online Learning Applications
The development cost of an application depends on different factors such as the complexity of the application, UI/UX design, the platform on which it will be running, and the location of the developer.
On the basis of these factors, development costs vary hugely. Here we will see an approximate cost.
The development cost of e-learning apps with basic features ranges from $8000 to $30,000. For an e-learning app, integrated with advanced features, the cost ranges from $35,000 to $70,000.
For a better perspective, it is recommended that you get in touch with an eLearning app development company.
eLearning applications are high in demand due to the exponential increase in their usability.
Students are quick to adapt to new modes, so it is easy to introduce eLearning solutions in the educational sector. Here we have mentioned some key points on developing e-learning apps.
Author Bio: Tarun Nagar is the Founder & CEO of Dev Technosys web development company USA. With 10+ years of experience of enabling then Startups which are now global leaders with creative solutions, he is differentiated by out-of-the-box IT solutions throughout the domain. He is known for his visionary qualities and adaptability for technology and trends, passionate as he is in every aspect dedicated to making IT simple, accessible, and approachable for business enterprises.