Edwin The Learning Duck
Apple recently picked up Edwin the learning duck, a learning toy with personality. Edwin is the classic rubber duck with a technology twist. Edwin is designed to be a child’s best friend. Intended for children from infant to 7 years old, Edwin has companion apps where children can control Edwin on the screen with a tap of the rubber duck toy.
Edwin the Smart Duck lives in your child’s hands and on your iPad or iPhone in the form of an animated character. Edwin can immerse your child into a world of games, stories, songs, and lessons within apps. Use the rubber hand-held Edwin to control the animated Edwin. The developer refers to this as “SQUACK” technology, which is motion based interaction with a mobile app.
Edwin grows with your child offering them more and more rich content. The companion apps, Edwin the Duck and Edwin Sleepy Time are free but are really intended to be used with the rubber duck. According to the developer, more content is on the way.
Edwin The Smart Duck Features:
- Original interactive adventure stories, learning games, and sing-a-long songs
- Continuously updated content
- Accelerometer enables motion-based play
- LED nightlight
- Built-in Bluetooth wireless-enabled speaker
- Waterproof and submersible
- Made of a soft, tactile silicone material
- Did you notice?
- A tap on Edwin’s wing illuminates his nightlight, and a wireless audio connection to his speaker lets you watch movies and listen to music with him.
- Apple Recommends For
- Making learning a fun, interactive experience for ages newborn and up with Edwin’s charm and his app on your iPad or iPhone.
- What’s in the Box?
- Edwin the Smart Duck Learning Toy
- Charging nest
- Micro USB cable
- USB wall plug
- Quack start guide
- Tech Specs
- Bluetooth Compatibility: Bluetooth 4.0
- Power Source: External power supply, USB
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Battery life: Up to eight hours
- Charge Time: Approximately four hours
- Height: 3.75 in./9.52 cm
- Width: 3.5 in./8.89 cm
- Length: 4.5 in./11.43 cm
iPhone models 4S – iPhone 6s Plus
iPad (3rd generation) – iPad Pro
iPod Touch (5th generation) – iPod Touch (6th generation)
With only a few days left until Christmas, you may want to have a closer look at Edwin The Learning Duck and consider him as a gift for any little ones in your life. (http://apple.co/1RaFUPy)