Federal and state regulations on marijuana can differ from one State to the next and marketing a marijuana-related business online can become a tricky situation.
Online media platforms such as Google or Facebook constrain any cannabis-related advertising. However, with the help of a web design expert, there are ways to help you access new customers through digital marketing approaches.
You can consider implementing the following steps when marketing your business legally and efficiently online.
1. Building a professional website
A website that is visually pleasing, informative and easily navigated plays a significant role in representing your business online.
2. Making use of SEO strategies
SEO strategies can assist you with higher Google rankings as well as more search traffic. Make sure to include your social media profile links to your site, develop a mobile-friendly version of your site and make use of targeted keywords throughout several pages to optimize your website.
3. Maintaining a blog
Creating original content or sharing informational content from industry-related sources on your blog and including videos, infographics, and animated GIFs can take your business to another level. Including helpful and informative cannabis-related topics and sharing the pros of medical marijuana use can be highly beneficial when marketing your business digitally and create awareness. Large marijuana media or marketing entities are always keen to work with small businesses to broaden people’s perspective and creating more positive and industry-related content with regards to cannabis use. It might be advantageous to get in contact with them to discuss the option of sharing relevant content on your blog.
Web development plays a crucial role in creating a site that is connecting with your desired audience and making the right impression, therefore ensuring return visitors to your site.
4. Using social media platforms
- Major social platforms restrict cannabis-related pages and posts, but several industry-related platforms have emerged where you can join and advertise your business.
- Professionalism is critical when you are promoting your business on social media. Irrespective if you are posting on social media networks or niche platforms, always use the correct grammar, spelling, and professionalism. But it is essential to also keep in mind that you are trying to engage your target audience. Therefore, the content must be of a humanizing and friendly manner to allow people to connect with you. Sounding too professional can have the opposite effect that you are trying to achieve.
- Setting up profiles on as many social platforms as possible can be advantageous in registering your brand name, despite some platforms limiting your business page and disabling you of developing your profile immediately.
5. Conserving a credible brand
Always ensure that your targeted audience is over the legal age of 21 years old. Avoid using marketing materials that feature toys or cartoon images that may appeal to minors. One of the essential precautions to take when advertising your brand in the United States is to ensure that you post advertisements that don’t appeal to a younger audience.
More on this topic: A Case for an Internet Code of Conduct