Day Spa Services
A day spa includes services that help with your health, beauty, and relaxation through treatments such as massages, nails, facials, and waxing. A day at the spa is not typically the same as going to a beauty salon. A spa can contain facilities such as steam rooms, saunas, and pools that guests may use in addition to their treatment. No overnight accommodations are required which makes it different from a destination spa. Destination spas offer services that include diet and exercise programs, life coaching, and yoga during the duration of their stay. There are also many hotels that offer a resort spa and those types of spas can be considered day spas if they let guests that aren’t staying in the hotel participate. If you want to experience the benefits of a spa without leaving your home, click here.
The three most common types of massages are the Swedish Massage, Hot Stone Massage, and Deep Tissue Massage to rejuvenate your spirit, mind, and body. It may seem confusing when deciding which one you want to go for especially if you don’t know what they entail. Choosing the right one for you depends on what you want to get out of your session.
- Swedish Massage: This massage also known as the “traditional” massage focuses on your muscles to take away tension. This type of massage also helps stimulate the circulation of your blood and lymph. If relaxing is what you want to get out of your visit, then this massage would be best for you.
- Hot Stone Massage: The difference between getting this treatment done instead of the Swedish Massage is that they use hot stones instead of their hands. Using these stones allows the masseuse to get deeper into your muscles quickly and has a little bit more intense pressure. The feeling of warm stones on your skin will have any tension you’re feeling go away quickly. This type of massage is perfect if you want a slightly deeper version of the Swedish Massage. Visit https://masakor.com/include/
category_view2.php?category1= 20191203164840_7578 to know more.
- Deep Tissue Massage: This type of massage focuses on your body’s connective tissue which holds skin, muscle, and other parts together through a small fiber. When you massage these tissues, it can help with flexibility which is good especially if you work out. This type of treatment is ideal if your aches and pains are related to an injury or overuse of muscles. Not only does this massage help alleviate muscle pain but it can also relax you the same way as if you were drinking a glass of wine. During the massage, if you feel like it’s too intense on your muscles, you can always let the masseuse know and they will accommodate your needs.
You might ask yourself why to get my nails done at a spa when I can just go to my local nail salon. Usually, at a day spa, you’ll get more pampering such as longer foot and hand massages or the usage of special scrubs and creams. Day spas can offer nail treatments from a basic polish change to a full spa manicure and pedicure with exfoliation and wax treatment.
There are so many different types of facials you can receive at a day spa. We will go over a few of those that way you can get an idea of what you may be looking for.
- Micro-needling: This type of treatment requires numbing cream to avoid pain since it is invasive. This facial is putting controlled wounds into the skin by using tiny needles. It creates tiny muscle tears that help cell turnover and collagen growth. Since the needles are very small it causes the injuries on your skin to heal quickly which results in healthier skin. This is a very popular treatment if you are wanting to look younger since it does tighten the skin and gets rid of lines.
- Chemical Peels: This one is also an invasive treatment where it promotes skin turnover using chemical acids. There are three different kinds of peels and many types of acids that can concentrate on different areas of the skin depending on the issue you have. The benefits of this treatment include getting rid of scars, age spots, and decongesting the skin. The way this treatment works on your skin is that it will slowly peel off and resurfaces a much healthier layer. Usually, the type of peels that are done in spas is called a lunchtime peel. This type of peel can take 2 days to heal versus a deep peel that can take up to 6 months.
- Dermaplaning Facial: This type of facial removes dead skin cells and peach fuzzes on the face by using advanced exfoliation. This is done using a surgical scalpel blade and gently takes off the outermost layer of the skin. This type of treatment works on all types of skin so if you’re wanting smoother and glowing skin and better absorption of your skincare product’s then this facial is recommended.
Day spas also offer waxing treatments that can eliminate hair on any part of your body so you can stop shaving and plucking. They should offer you a good quality wax that is safe for all types of skin. If you do get waxing treatment on the face, we suggest getting a facial treatment done after that way you can have a relaxing experience.
All in all, going to a spa is good for you for many reasons. Getting treatments done helps open up your skin’s pores, it helps the body relax and even burn more calories. You will definitely feel like a brand-new person walking out of your treatment!