Pixelmator, one of the most downloaded applications on the App Store has released a major update, Pixelmator 2.2. Pixelmator 2.2 has had a positive response on the iPad Pro and has put Apple’s Pencil stylus to some great use. Moreover, Pixelmator now includes full support for 3D Touch gestures on the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus.
Users can now use 3D Touch for accessing Pixelmator’s Home screen shortcuts which include, opening the gallery, opening from Photos and Create Image. Additionally, it can also be used to paint directly in the application with pressure sensing and if the user 3D Touch an image in the gallery, it will enable them to access the options to quickly preview, duplicate, share, delete or copy the image to the Photos application. Deeper press will shift to full screen.
iPad Pro owners will now be able to edit up to 100-megapixel images on their 12.9-inch tablet and paint with their Apple Pencil. The new update gives a chance to make the most of the new Apple Pencil by including advance features like seamless palm rejection. It also provides matching brushes with pressure hold and acceleration sensitivity.
Pixelmator 2.2 Highlights
iPad Pro Support:
- Pixelmator can now be used to Create and Edit images on the iPad Pro.
- Sketching and painting made, even more, natural with full Apple Pencil and palm-rejection support as well as specially tailored brushes, featuring pressure, tilt and acceleration sensitivity.
- Open and edit images up to 100 megapixels
iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus Support:
- Paint with 3D Touch sensitivity.
- Pressing firmly on the Pixelmator icon on the home screen will instantly open Pixelmator gallery, create a new image or open an image from Photos.
- Pressing firmly on an image present in the Pixelmator gallery will quickly preview it, duplicate it, share it, copy it to Photos or delete it.
More upgrades and fixes:
- Features a new collection of artist-designed Basic brushes and also includes the new Pixel brush.
- Includes enhanced crop and straighten performance.
- Auto-straighten to straighten images with a single tap
- Cropping lines now snap to objects in your composition
- Ability to increase font size up to 1000 pixels