Adobe, the American multinational computer software company which is quite popular in the tech world has released a new version of ‘Photoshop Lightroom for iOS’. This update includes exciting new features for the latest Apple gadgets. iPhone 6s and 6s Plus users can now make the most of the new 3-D Touch feature by enjoying 3-D Touch Quick Actions from the Lightroom icon. The latest version has a lot more to offer as it has been optimized for iPad Pro and enhanced to support iOS 9 multitasking features. Moreover, this update also includes a Notification Center widget, new editing tools and much more.
A deep press on the updated ‘Lightroom iOS’ app icon will now reveal a 3-D Touch Quick Action which will take you directly to the camera for capturing a fresh snap. Adobe has also included Peek and Pop interactions on the latest iPhones which enables the user to preview and open photos when viewing them from the grid. Firmly pressing a thumbnail will preview it whereas a bit harder press will open it.
The iPad version of the application has been optimized to exploit the new iPad Pro’s 12.9 Retina display for a better experience. One of the upgrades is the support for iOS 9’s multitasking features including Split View and Slide Over. Other then this users can now enjoy:
• New: Shoot-through Presets. Apply one of five new, specially formulated presets while capturing a photo from the Adobe in-app camera. Preview how the presets will be applied to your photo before you capture, and enjoy the freedom of adjusting settings after capture with full non-destructive capabilities. Shoot-through presets are available for 64-bit devices only, such as iPhone 5s and later and iPad Air and later.
• Enhanced: Tone Curve – Point Curve Mode. Now, take color control to the next level with a full function Tone Curve tool, enabling access to RGB as well as individual red, green and blue color channels in your photo.
• New: Split Tone adjustments. Create a distinctive look to your photos by applying a color tone to the highlights or shadows, or to replicate the look of a split-toned black and white photo.
• New: Notification Center widget. Get instant access to the Adobe in-app camera by enabling the Lightroom for mobile Notification Center widget. Automatically launch the in-app camera with a single swipe down.
• Enhanced: Usability improvements throughout the app. Add photos to multiple collections easier, import photos faster, improved gesture support, and more, get you quickly organizing, creating, and sharing amazing images anywhere you are.
Lightroom for iOS 2.1 is available on the App Store for free with a 30-day trial.