What is PPC Marketing?
PPC (Pay per click) advertising is a digital marketing strategy that allows businesses to make the most of their marketing budgets by capturing leads efficiently and quickly. The PPC model works by basically letting advertisers pay a fee every time their ad is clicked. In essence, an advertiser’s potential customer raises their hand to show interest in a product by searching for specific terms in a search engine like Google.
As a business person, getting proper PPC training is essential because it allows you to efficiently and effectively reach customers in the ubiquitous digital space. Instead of the marketer going to look for customers, the customers come directly to the marketer. What could be better than that, right?
Besides PPC training, digital marketers also need the right tools to be more productive with the precious little time that they have. PPC tools allow the marketer to avoid manual tasks and run successful PPC campaigns in a variety of ways, including designing Ad copy, selecting the right audience, gathering analytics and insights, and so on.
Below are some of the most valuable tools that marketers should also learn if they want to be effective at PPC marketing.
Effective Tools for PPC Marketing
1. Google Keyword Planner
Google’s Keyword Planner has several useful PPC features, including:
- Keyword trends. Find and/or download trends for keyword ideas
- Get ideas for valuable keywords to gather fresh ideas.
- Save keyword ideas to existing campaigns
- Grouped ideas. Create sets of keywords according to themes or ad groups
- Get suggested daily budgets. The recommended daily budget is based on forecasted costs and maximum CPC bids
- Get competition ranking across keyword ideas.
- And more.
Figure 1: Google Keyword Planner
Ahrefs is mostly used for SEO but is also one of the best PPC tools around. The tools best PPC features include:
- Robust competitive analysis
- Competitor tracking with alerts for every time a competitor starts a new campaign
- Insight into keywords and search ads
- Contains a vast database of keywords
- Analysis of organic and paid search for every keyword
- Access to Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) and associated keywords based on several metrics like search volume and price
Ahrefs is free for seven days and then costs $99 per month for the lite package.
Figure 2: Ahrefs for PPC
SEMrush is a user-friendly tool that is valuable for PPC in the following ways:
- Ad keywords and creatives research
- Keyword grouping and management
- Negatives optimization
- Competitive analysis for both search and GDN
- Benchmarks of PPC costs
- Find profitable keywords in any niche
Offers different plans, starting at $99.95
Figure 3: SEMrush for PPC
SpyFu is a well-liked PPC tool that helps ‘spy’ on competitor keywords and how much is being paid for them. It also provides the following useful information:
- Data about the number of paid keywords a website has.
- Nine-year historical data for all ads and variations of competitor PPC campaigns
- Track ranks for keyword groups
- Find the most profitable keywords
SpyFu basic costs $39.
Figure 4: SpyFu PPC overview
WhatRunsWhere offers robust functionality for PPC campaigns, including:
- Discovering the top-performing creatives in your niche or market
- Find out and stay updated about competitor strategies
- Reach larger audiences and find new target sources
- Access data across the largest online markets including the USA, Australia, Canada, UK, and Germany
- Identify winning campaigns to inform PPC strategies
- Understand trends in mobile, desktop, and native channels
WhatRunsWhere costs $299 per month for the basic package.
Figure 5: WhatRunsWhere for PPC
iSpionage is excellent for informing PPC campaigns about everything, including bidding on keywords, driving targeted traffic, generating leads, and increasing conversion rates. iSpionage also helps PPC campaigns in the following ways:
- Learn how advertisers and other competitors group landing pages, keywords, and Ads
- Competitor study allows marketers to create better offers and landing pages
- Identify the most profitable keywords competitors are using
- Discover which Ads get the best traffic
- Discover top competitors in Google and Bing
iSpionage is free to use for a limited period after which you can pay for different packages starting at $59.
Figure 6: iSpionage for PPC
Optmyzr has won several awards and is referred to as the PPC expert’s toolkit. It can be used for Google and Bing Ad campaigns and includes enterprise-grade workflows, scripts, and search marketing tools.
Optmyzr has over fifty tactics for improving PPC performance, including machine learning capabilities. Some of its features include:
- Optimizations. Run A/B Ad tests, forecast and automate budgets, find negative and positive keywords, optimize shopping Ads, manage bids and bid adjustments, and check for broken URLs
- Workflows for PPC Pros. Track changes with the full Optimization History and build completely custom workflows.
- Reporting. Flexible scheduling, multi-account reports (Google, Bing, and Facebook)
- Data Insights. Budget forecasts, alerts and anomaly detection, multi-account dashboards with alerts, n-gram analysis, root cause change analysis, track and fix quality scores
- Team Features. Auditing, build strategies and share them with your team, it also includes a team activity dashboard
- Advanced Features. Use an API to integrate Optmyzr into your business, Flexible Rule Engine, Prewritten PPC Scripts, build common account structures (like GRIP and SKAG)
Optmyzr costs $499 per month for the basic package.
Figure 7: Optmyzr for PPC
8. PPC Protect
PPC Protect is a useful tool for automatically preventing click fraud. It has the most effective IP blocking system and allows users to monitor traffic. The tool is GDPR compliant and enables users to protect user data.
Figure 8: PPCProtect
Pricing for this tool starts at $29 per month for an Ad spend of up to $2,500.
The tools mentioned here are just a few of the many that you can use to effectively run your PPC campaign. They are definitely worth your time to learn and get started with. However, like any other tool, it is crucial to understand and appreciate the craft behind the tool. As such, investing in a trustworthy PPC course should not be ignored.
More on this topic: SECockpit App