If your friends think you’re a bit of a nerd and you spend a lot of your time dissecting PCs and flat-screen TVs, this article was written with you in mind, as we take a look at a few good career options for a technically minded person.
- Blockchain Developer – Blockchain is relatively new and it is the future of secure data storage, which means a growing demand for blockchain developers and a few years of supervised work would see you commanding a high salary. Many coders have taken the leap from writing standard software to creating and managing blockchain networks; there are online courses you can take to get you an intro into the sector.
- Technical Logistics – Why not become a certified technician who works with specific equipment? Check out https://www.tecdisnetwork.com, a leading UK company with a growing need for trainee technicians. This industry services many sectors and the work is demanding, however, you are well-paid and provided with ongoing training. Anyone with a background in electronics could train to be a white glove technician and you would enjoy a long and rewarding career.
- Robotics Engineer – A dynamic industry that will conquer the world and the complex machines are built and managed by special technicians who are OEM approved to work with the equipment. Be part of the next Industrial Revolution as robots take over the manufacturing sector, which is an exciting thing to witness. Whether involved in building or servicing, the robotics sector has a rosy future and can give you a rewarding career that is also challenging. Click here for adult learning tips.
- Cyber-Security – Why not put those hacking skills to good use; ethical hackers make up the cyber-security industry, helping businesses to stay one step ahead of the hacker. Obviously, you would have a sound background in computer science and once you find a sponsor, you can distance learn your way into a job and start the long road to expert status. There will always be a need for Internet security and working in the sector means being at the cutting edge of the latest cyber-security practices.
- Drones – A new and exciting sector is opening up, with drones that carry passengers and a range of flying devices that work in the agricultural sector; designing drones and maintaining grid networks require trained personnel, and let’s not forget R&D; you could play a role in developing next-generation drones the size of a golf ball. If you have yet to see a drone light show at night, check out the stunning videos on YouTube to see what can be achieved with a few hundred drones with LED lights.
The list above is just a few ideas that you might like to consider if you are tech-minded and looking for a career. We are living in a dynamic age when digital tech elevates us to a new dimension of global connectivity and you can play an important role in that development.