The Coway Airmega is a state of the art air purification system that is app-enabled (iOS and Android). Their latest model is Alexa-enabled as well and responds to voice commands like “Alexa, turn Air Mega On”, or off or “What is the air quality?”
I came across some interesting and somewhat shocking facts I found on the Coway website on air quality.
- “90% of the air that goes into your lungs is indoor air
- Nearly 25 million people in the U.S. suffer from asthma—and the number increases every year.
- That’s how many droplets of the flu virus are in a typical sneeze. These droplets can shoot out at 100mph and can be suspended in the air for hours.
- More than 25 million people in the U.S. are diagnosed with ASTHMA.
- Up to 30% of people with allergies have reactions to cat and dog hair and dander.
- U.S. EPA studies found that indoor air pollutants were generally 2 to 5 times greater than outdoor pollution levels. In some cases, indoor air pollution was 100x greater.
- More than 60% of homes in the U.S. have a pet.
- Up to 50 million Americans suffer from nasal allergies.”
- The AirMega has a Smart mode
- Filter usage monitoring that reports the condition of its HEPA filter.
- It is App enabled
- Advanced HEPA filtering
- Live air quality monitoring
- Energy Saving ECO Mode
When you consider just how poor air quality can be indoors, especially in places where our children spend a significant amount of time like, daycare, indoor amusements, and school, as well as in the home, the AirMega deserves consideration as the solution to improve the air we breathe indoors.
We had the good fortune of meeting some of the folks from Coway at CES. Kevin Shim, Sales Director in the US gave us a demo from of their App enabled, Alexa enabled air purification appliance. Check out this video.
Visit the Coway AirMega website to learn more.